A Summary of Galatians 5
by John Davis
Galatians 5 offers us three different, but interrelated ways to think about how to live the Christian life.
- Guard your freedom in Christ. 1-12
- Serve one another in Love. 13-15
- Walk in the Spirit. 16-26
- The first speaks of our spiritual reality — knowing that God accepts us completely in Christ.
- The second speaks of our spiritual responsibility — to serve one another in love.
- The third speaks of our spiritual resource – we live the Christian life through the Spirit who lives within us.
These three exist in unity, they never exist alone.
- If you are enjoying your freedom in Christ, you are serving others in love by the power of the Spirit.
- If you are serving others in love, you are doing it out of your freedom in Christ and through the power of the Spirit.
- If you are walking in the Spirit, you are enjoying your freedom in Christ and serving others in love.
This is the Christian life:
- The reality – you are free in Christ. Guard it.
- The responsibility – serve others in love
- The resource – walk in the Spirit.
This is your calling; this is your privilege; this is your joy!
The Gospel for the City in Genesis 42-45
September 18, 2017
The Gospel for the City in Gen 39:1-41:57
September 11, 2017
The Gospel for the City in Genesis 24 – 25:11
November 21, 2016