What might a gospel-centered worship service look like at Grace Church of Philly?
by John Davis
Welcome to Grace Church of Philly – Today we gather in the name of Jesus Christ to worship him who loved us and gave his life for us. Please join us as we sing about the greatness of our God.
- Adoration (recognition of God’s greatness and grace)
Sing – How Great is our God (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl1k_Q1n-QU&feature=PlayList&p=FBFA602E6C01B00D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=5)
Sing – Glory to the risen king
- Confession (acknowledgment of our sin and need for grace) Please remain standing as we read a portion of God’s word that reminds us of our need of his grace.
- Assurance (affirmation of God’s provision of grace)
Sing – My Hope is built on nothing less
I believe in God the Father, Almighty ..
- Thanksgiving (expression of praise and thanks for God’s grace)
Sing – How Great is your love!
Testimony of God’s Grace
Sing – Hail to the King!
- Petition and Intercession (expression of dependence on God’s grace)
Prayer of Intercession
- Instruction (acquiring the knowledge to grow in grace)
Message from God’s Word
- Communion/Fellowship (celebrating the grace of union with Christ and his people)
Worship in Giving
- Charge and Blessing (living for and in the light of God’s grace)
Sing – Not to us (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFlwKpQmmFQ)
Benediction: 2 Thess 2:16-17
Endnote: The items in bold are included to show the structure of worship but are not part of the worship service.
October 23, 2017
October 16, 2017
September 25, 2017